By Amy Amatangelo, TV Gal®
Hello! I’m back!
As many of you know, I stopped writing the TV Gal® blog after the birth of my daughter in 2010. But now that she’s older (because really can’t two-and-a-half year olds practically raise themselves?), I decided it was high time to revive the TV Gal® blog. I’ve missed talking TV with all of you.
We. Have. So. Much. To. Discuss.
Let’s start with all the TV that happened since I last talked to you:
- I liked the finale of Lost. Maybe it’s because I was so sleep deprived when it aired but the ending worked for me. But I’m totally ready to discuss something that’s over two years old. Bring it on.
- I also liked the first season of The Killing. I wasn’t even angry that they didn’t tell us who killed Rosie Larsen. But the second season was a colossal collapse. Everything went to hell in a rainy hand basket that was wearing an oversized sweater. In keeping with the outdated technology of the show, let’s discuss this via a rotary phone and a fax machine.
- I totally missed the memo about Downton Abbey and am very late to the Downton Abbey party. I’ve watched season one. I love Mr. Bates and have become slightly obsessed with what the rich did all day. They didn’t work. They didn’t cook. They didn’t clean. They didn’t even have to dress themselves. Nice life but I think I would be so bored.
- I wish you all could have been there for me with Ringer. I watched every single episode and I totally needed a support group.
- I can’t decide if I love or hate the fact that Bunheads is basically Gilmore Girls Redux.
- While we were apart I completely broke up with American Idol. If the show actually adds Keith Urban as a judge I might come back.
- Here are the shows that premiered while I was gone that you totally need to be watching.
- New Girl
- Switched at Birth
- The Glee Project
- Here are the shows that premiered and were cancelled while I was gone that I wish I had been around to advocate for:
- Detroit 1-8-7
But enough about the past, let’s talk about the plans for this new TV Gal® Blog. I plan on posting a new story every Tuesday and Thursday. I definitely hope to post more than twice a week but Tuesdays and Thursdays will be the days you can count on new content. If you follow me on Twitter (@amytvgal) or subscribe to this blog, you’ll know every time I have something new up. I also plan to bring back two of my most popular features: “Where Have I Seen Them Before” and “Quotes of the Week.”
I learned a long time ago that I can’t write about everything for everybody all of the time. But I will try to write about something for everybody most of the time. If you’re a fan of The Real Housewives franchise or think Here Comes Honey Boo Boo is hilarious, you won’t find any talk about shows like that here. But if you count shows like Homeland, The Good Wife, New Girl, Cougar Town, Grey’s Anatomy, Glee, Parenthood, Raising Hope, Political Animals, The Office, Smash, Revenge, Awkward, Drop Dead Diva, The Middle, Modern Family, Mad Men, Parks & Recreation and 30 Rock among your favorites, we will have lots to talk about.
And finally, if you’re reading this, it probably means that you kept up with me all the time I was away and for that I cannot thank you enough. The main thing I missed about writing the TV Gal® blog is the constant interaction with people who loved TV as much as I did. I’m glad to be back. Let the TV party begin!